Number of steps: 6 Time taken: Mixing ingredients for 10 min, in the fridge for 1 hour, in the oven for a total of 25 min.
About This Dish: 3 out of 3 of the matcha recipe series! These cookies are very light but can still satisfy your craving. Please keep in mind that Japanese sweets are far less sweet than sweets in the USA (but believe me, most of the Japanese population cannot live without sweets)!
What You Need: (About 15 cookies)
60 g (3-4 tbsp) of unsalted room temperature butter
45 g (or 3/8 US cup) of powdered sugar
Pinch of salt
62 g (or 1/2 US cup) of all-purpose flour
48 g (or 1/4 US cup) of almond powder
1 tsp of matcha
Powdered sugar to finish
1. Place the flour and almond powder into a 150C (300F) pre-heated oven for 10 minutes on a tray.
2. Sift the powdered sugar and mix it in with the room temperature butter. Once you finish mixing, add a dash of salt.
3. Check to see if the flour + almond powder has cooled down.
4. Mix in the flour + almond powder into the mix with the butter, sugar and salt from step 2. Don't dump it in all at once! Divide the process into 2 or 3 times. Mix until the mixture becomes smooth! Not lumpy and powdery.
5. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough until it becomes 1cm thick (0.4 inches) and let it rest in the fridge for 1 hour!
6. Cut it up however you like, and place it in the pre-heated oven (160C, 320F) for approximately 15 minutes. Your delicious matcha cookies should be done by then...Sprinkle on some powdered sugar and fwah-lah!