As always, I made my Japanese-y adjustments so you may find my recipe less sweet. But hey, you taste more of the natural ingredients - isn't that better?
I'm not vegan but these cookies are too cute and delicious looking not to try!
It took me 5 minutes to make (excluding the oven time)....And the taste?
Nutty, chewy, goodness.
What you need (makes 15 cookies):
- 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of pecans
- 1/2 cup of organic rolled oats
- 1/4 cup oil (I used organic coconut)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (I used a little less than this!)
- some salt
- some jam (I used organic raspberry)
- Put the pecans and oats in the blender/mixer until well ground.
- Put the oven to 350F.
- Once complete, in a bowl, add the mix, flour and the rest of the ingredients (besides the jam).
- Once mixed, get a tablespoon and start creating little balls with them. Lay them on an oven plate and create a little thumbprint in the middle. Place the jam in the little thumbprints and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes!